To Show You The Lurking Dangers In Johor & Any Where Else When Visiting Malaysia – Let Me Give You Some Real Live Examples:-
- 1) Mr. Chong was washing his car outside his house in Johor Jaya. While he was washing his car, he took off his shirt – showing off a thick gold chain. 2 men on a motor bike passed by. They stopped and asked for road directions and left. Minutes later they returned. Got off the bike and brandished a long sharp knife.
Pushed Mr. Chong into the house. Mr. Chong lost his thick gold chain and some cash. Otherwise unharmed but said these words, “It was my fault to display the gold chain in attracting robbers.” Yes, don’t flaunt your wealth unnecessarily.
- 2) Mr. Lim worked night shift in Singapore. In the morning he took a CW3 Bus from Jurong, Singapore to Taman Perling, Johor. It was 10 a.m. in the morning as he walked home – a short distance from the Main Road.
2 men on a motor bike stopped him on his track – took his cash, his hand phone his Malaysian Passport, his Driving License & his ID Card & left. He was frustrated not so much at the lost of money – more due to the hassle of applying a new Passport, a new ID Card & a new Driving License.
- 3) One Motor Repair Shop Boss in Taman Molek said, “My Shop has been robbed & broken into 3 times.” The 1st time was when he left the shop for a while. 6 men on 3 motorbikes arrived – rushed in and robbed his wife who was alone.
The total lost was over RM10,000. The 2nd time was at night when they had closed shop & left for home. Thieves stole a lorry & rammed open the front iron door shutters! And the 3rd time, after they had replaced the shutters with Stronger Material, thieves picked the door lock and entered – again at night.
- 4) In Plentong area, a Corner Shop house used as a 24 Hour Mamak Restaurant was robbed 7 times! Robbed between 2 – 4 am every time! They were six of them – One Malaysia! 2 Malays, 2 Chinese & 2 Indians.
That’s why they were called “One Malaysia Robbers!” And what did they robbed? All the cash in the Cash register. All the cigarettes on display. And All the Big Tins of Milo.
- 5) In Skudai Area one house that was left unattended to for a few weeks was robbed of its entire contents. One afternoon a Big Lorry arrived. Men casually took out the TV, Sofas, Furniture & Fittings, Washing Machine, Fridge, Air Cond, and All Other Removal Household Stuff & left.
Neighbors thought it was just another neighbor shifting home. When the Original owner returned from vacation he got the shock of his life! All Gone! Everything stolen!
- 6) One Business Woman withdrew RM12,000 Cash from the Bank. While she was driving along Austin Area she was followed by 2 motorbikes. At the traffic light junction – someone knocked at the side door.
Showed her a knife. They took from her the RM12,000. Someone must have watched her at the Bank and informed the robbers! (On Friday, when the men left for Mosques, robbers usually strike between 12 noon to 2.30 pm. Some Banks locked one glass door.)
- 7) Over In Nusajaya, Horizon Hills a group of Professional House Breakers would rent a house there. From their rented house they watched the houses that are left unattended for a considerable stretch of time.
Then they strike when the time is right. With their loot in the trunk of their car – and with electronic vehicle access card, they pass undetected. After making a killing they terminated tenancy and then moved off!
To another Gated & Guarded Community! And repeat the Same Trick! Where? Senibong Cove, East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Mulpha Leisure Farm & other “highly Secured” places are Probable targets. You see, danger is where you think you are safest. Complacency and carelessness sets in.
8) Of all Harrowing Experiences, this one is the worse. Over in Taman Flora Heights, Bandar Sri Alam, some years ago, thieves broke into a house one night during the wee hours. They woke up the panic stricken occupants. As the place was rather remote the robbers really took their sweet time.
After having taken Cash & whatever things of value from the owner, they told the owner to cook a meal for them as they were hungry. And after having eaten to their full they said, “We are leaving this knife(weapon) here and will be coming back someday for another robbery! The owner/tenant immediately shifted out the next day!
9) In Gelang Patah, Taman Nusa Prentis, One Hair Saloon Lady Boss said, “There are 6 Hair Saloons Around here – And all have been robbed before!” Then she shared her own experience. One day, when she was alone in the Shop, robbers brandished a knife. She immediately beckoned and said, “Take whatever you want. Don’t harm me. I will go to the back of the shop & pretend that I didn’t see anything or hear anything. And I also won’t shout or make any noise.” Life is precious. And money can be earned back.
10) At an Internet Gaming Shop in Kota Puteri, Masai, 4 Chinese men came in a small Kancil car. They took money from the Cash Register & also took away all the CCTV Cameras Installed to deter robbers. They continued operating for some time & when robbers stuck again, they closed shop for good finally!
11) At a 24 Hour Mini Market at Jalan Abdullah Tahir, JB CBD, 4 Indian Men came on 2 motorbikes at past mid night. They were still wearing their Crash Helmets when they struck! They took all the Cash from the Cash Register & All The Mobile Phone Top Up Cards! And the cigarettes! They only take portable stuff of value – leaving all other drinks & food stuff untouched. And they hit everywhere – All Mini Markets & 7 Eleven alike!
The entire scene was captured on CCTV Camera, downloaded on the Boss’ Camera phone.
THE “MODUS OPERANDI” OF THIEVES & ROBBERS.
1) WATCH OUT FOR MOTORBIKES!.
Usually In Pairs. Agile Young Adults On Bikes Going From Street To Sreet Looking For Opportunity To Rob & Steal. Those who carry hand bags are easy target. Once they snatch your purse, they will speed off! If you resist they will bring out their weapon! Be careful.
2) CUT DOWN THICK TREES & TRIM BUSHES NEAR YOUR HOUSE.
One Afternoon while our Church Group was visiting a Hospital, we met an injured Chinese man and asked him why he was in the hospital? (We have asked thousands but this was an interesting case!)
He said that his profession was “House Breaking”. He was frank as he shared his story. He said that he climbed a tree and sat on a big branch.
For days he watched the occupants of the particular house that he wanted to break into. How many cars or bikes enter in and out the house per day? What is the race?
How many adults and children? And how is the built of the men? Are they his match or his gang? You see, professional thieves are really professional. They are meticul0us.
Sometimes it take days and weeks before striking. However, while he watched long hours he fell asleep on the tree branch. Then he fell down and landed here on the hospital bed!
3) WHEN DRIVING, ALWAYS LOCK YOUR CAR.
Men on Bikes At Traffic Light Stop might suddenly open unlocked doors and take whatever they can. In a flash your handbag, hand phone & laptop & other valuable stuff are gone!
4) TRY NOT TO PARK IN DARK DESERTED AREAS. AND DON’T PUT ANY LAP TOP OR VALUABLE VISIBLE FOR CAR THIEVES.
5) INSTALL NIGHT LIGHTS IF YOU ARE AWAY FROM HOME.
They are inexpensive – around RM12 available at Giant Supermarket.
6) NEVER USE SHORT CUTS AT DESERTED BACK LANES AT ALL TIMES – DAY AND NIGHT – ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT! THIS IS THEIR TERRITORY!
7) GATED & GUARDED COMMUNITIES ARE SAFER. BUT DON’T TAKE THINGS FOR GRANTED.
AND THEIR TIMINGS
1) ON FRIDAY DURING 12 NOON to 12.30pm. When the Male Bank Officers left for The Mosques. They strike when only powerless female Bank staff remain at the counters.
2) Anytime Of The Day or Night On Lonely, Deserted Roads or Back lanes. They waylay unsuspecting strangers by ambush. Or they meet you on their fast YAHAMA Motorbike!
3) DURING LONG PUBLIC HOLIDAYS LIKE CHINESE NEW YEAR OR HARI RAYA. When Owners are away for a long stretch of holidays. Or when they return to their hometowns and kampungs.
This is the best time for house break ins. They can take their sweet time to cart away all small and big stuff. And nowadays they don’t come with lorry – they come in shining expensive Toyota Estimas! To counter suspicion!
4) DURING HEAVY THUNDER STORMS & PROLONGED RAINY SEASON. Thieves will smash side windows of cars and steal CD Players, and other valuables in the car. During Thunder Storm the sound of the car alarm will be muffled by sound of thunder and pelting rain.
5) AT NIGHT DURING WEE HOURS. This is the usual time for thieves and robbers. Under the cover of darkness they come and go undetected.
6) CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR EVE. When people are out partying happily. Some are too drunk to notice anything till the next day!
7) END OF MONTH OR BEGINNING WEEK OF THE MONTH. When Company Bosses prepare salaries for foreign workers. They usually withdraw Big Sums of Cash. If informers tell on them they are in danger of losing the payroll – sometimes tens of thousands of ringgit are seized by professional robbers.
SAFETY HAS IMPROVED GREATLY IN ISKANDAR. HOWEVER, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL SAFETY AT ALL TIMES
“ETERNAL VIGILANCE IS THE PRICE OF FREEDOM.”
What we have shared is only the tip of the ice berg! There are more gruesome stories that we didn’t mention here. One Vietnamese man used a short cut at night to top up his phone card, met two Indian robbers. Since he resisted he was slashed on his head and two arms. Just for RM200 only!
In Taman Pelangi, JB CBD, robbers broke into a Corner Bungalow, raped one woman. The Family immediately moved house the following day.
A few weeks ago, a beautician or hair dresser resisted robbers. She got killed in Nusajaya.
In One Particular Lonely Street in Nusajaya, robbers struck every week consistently. Every week 2 or 3 houses were broken into. Even a motor bike was stolen from the house compound! Things got so bad that the neighborhood banded together and hired their own security guards.
THIS IS PERHAPS THE MOST IMPORTANT POSTINGS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE! WHY? WE, TOO HAVE BEEN ROBBED ONCE IN BROAD DAYLIGHT! AND ONCE THIEVES BROKE INTO OUR HOUSE AT NIGHT AND CARTED GOODS AWAY!
BE WARNED! AND WARN YOUR FRIENDS & LOVED ONES.
YOU MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE & THEIRS, TOO.