As you can observe, SENTOSA, once called “PULAU BELAKANG MATI” (Once abhored and shunned) has been transformed into A Highly Desirable , Highly Sought After Destination by the Super Rich. The steps are:-
- 1) CHANGE OF NAME. SENTOSA – PEACEFUL & TRANQUIL
- 2) CONUBATION OF 5 Smaller Islands With Sentosa to FORM AN ENCLAVE CALLED SENTOSA COVE – WHERE EXPENSIVE YACHT CAN NAVIGATE RIGHT UP TO THE PRIVATE BERTH OF EACH DESIGNER BUNGALOW.
- 3) OPEN UP FOR SALE TO FOREIGN MULTI-MILLIONAIRES & BILLIONAIRES. THE ONLY PLACE IN SINGAPORE FOREIGNERS CAN OWN LANDED PROPERTY.
- 4) BUILD A CAUSEWAY FROM SENTOSA TO SINGAPORE ISLAND.
- 5) BRING IN WORLD CLASS THEME PARK & CASINO AND MORE!
- 6) ISLANDS ARE ALWAYS EXPENSIVE BECAUSE THEY ARE EXCLUSIVE. Think of PENANG ISLAND, HONG KONG, MANHATTEN ISLAND & SENTOSA – An Island Of Singapore!
- 7) Today, Bungalows In SENTOSA COVE COMMAND THE HIGHEST PRICES IN SINGAPORE – BEATING EVEN THE PRICES OF GOOD CLASS BUNGALOWS ON SINGAPORE MAINLAND!
A SUPERIOR LOCATION WITH THE RIGHT MIX OF ATTRACTIONS IS ALSO RECESSION PROOF!
The Year was 1969. It was mid May. Just after the May 13th Racial Riots and curfew was lifted for certain hours. The place was Bukit Bintang – Imbi vicinity. On the same Spot before SUNGAI WANG PLAZA was built, the Land was Actually a Small Rambutan Plantation. Here as a young boy I played. The place is eerily quiet. So quiet and deserted that there is not even a bird, a grasshopper or even a mosquito. So very queit that I could even hear my own breathing. So very queit that a sense of fear came over me that I had to leave this God-forsaken place quickly and never dare venture back again!
Then One Day A Connecting Road was built Linking IMBI ROAD TO JALAN BUKIT BINTANG. On One Side SUNGAI WANG PLAZA WAS BUILT & ACROSS THE OTHER SIDE IS LOT 10. And to my Great Surprise and Astonishment, SUNGAI WANG PLAZA BECAME THE MOST POPULAR HOT SPOT FOR TRENDY SHOPPING IN KUALA LUMPUR. 3 FINANCIAL CRISIS HAVE NO EFFECT ON SUNGAI WANG PLAZA! 1985 – 87 RECESSION. 1997-98 ASIAN FINANCIAL CRISIS. AND 2007-08 LEHMAN BROTHERS’ GREAT RECESSION.
SUNGAI WANG PLAZA Has A Superior Location & The Right Mix Of Shopping On Offers. A Truly Recession Proof Location Made Better By Human Creativity!
1969 May 13th Incident In Malaysia was a Very Unfortunate Event In Malaysia. What was the problem? What are the underlying Causes? How to prevent them from ever recurring again?
Enoch Tan of MINDREALITY says, “Understanding The Problem Dissolves The Problem”.
Yes! The Doctor cannot simply prescribe the correct medicine unless he knows your medical condition. Only by understanding the Underlying Problem can we find the right solution. Understanding the Problem Dissolves The Problem. Will Share In The Next Post. Meanwhile, have a nice and productive day.